-creating community feels good-
By Nate Leedahl, Campus Pastor at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND)
Small groups are starting! What do I need to do?! What if I miss something?
This checklist has really helped me streamline the process of getting started.
Small Group Checklist
Week 1 and 2
1. Secure and meet with your Co-Leader (if applicable)
2. Touch base with a mentor (coach / fan team leader / more experienced group leader)
3. Secure Host if not meeting at your home/room
4. Secure Meeting Location
5. Invite people from contact cards / contact info given to you (yes, you can invite over the phone or coffee!)
6. If meeting in a dorm, walk around with your host or another resident and meet as many people as possible. In the future, walking around and inviting others to small group will be easier since you already know people.
7. Don’t talk to anyone you know at the next couple large group meetings. Make new friends!
8. Have a few extra bibles in your backpack/bag
9. Pray over your first small group (MOST IMPORTANT)
10. Follow up with contacts a couple days before your first small group to remind everyone of the time/place and see who is coming
11. Ensure your pastor or small group coordinator knows the time/location of your group!
Your Pastor or leader may also ask for additional things. These are just a few items that will help you get off to a great start in small group!
follow Nate on Twitter: @nateleedahl
© 2014 All Rights Reserved, designed by TeoThemes